THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Camping with Girl Scouts- Day One

Avery started her camping on Friday night and Brenna and I joined her at lunch time on Saturday. When Brenna and I arrived the troop had just returned from a nature hike. We all sat down for a lunch of ham roll-ups, carrots and celery and chips. Once lunch was over the girls had "turtle time" or down time. Most of the girls worked on the skits for later that night. The girls and I moved all of our gear into our platform tent and made our beds for the night.
It was really nice to see the girls getting along so well and having so much fun.
One game that caught on quickly was a version of "Ring Around the Rosie". All of the girls walked around the campfire on the benches. The largest gap was where Brenna is crossing in this picture (the one with the red jacket tied around her waist). It was really fun to watch them try to cross it. Avery and Brenna had it pretty easy since they are the tallest of the bunch. Some of our smaller girls had to really focus to make the jump.
The highlight of this camp-out was the Love, Hug and Groom activity. This is where the girls were able to tour this horse barn and love, hug and groom some very sweet horses.
After the barn tour, the girls put on their hair nets and helmets to join the horses.
Brenna really soaked up the entire experience, Avery on the other hand was less enthusiastic. I think a lot of it had to do with my presence. We all know how our children act differently when we are around and this was a classic example.
I really wish we could arrange for Brenna to do this on a regular basis. You never know, maybe a horse is in her future!
The very first time Avery camped with Girl Scouts, their camp was not far from this location. I couldn't help but be in awe at the beauty God had created in this little spot on the world. It was really hard to capture on camera.
Avery was not feeling very well after the tour so we found a picnic table for her to lay down on and I took a few photos.

1 comments:

Judyn said...

Hi Leila...I FOUND YOU!

That camp looked beautiful and it looks like they had a great time. I love the country and outdoors...and this made me long for them both!

My second comment...YOU HAVE ONE of MY FAVORITE SONGS ON HERE. No, not the Christian one. That would be nice, but no...I have loved Brown Eyed Girl ever since I heard it back in high school in a Julia Roberts movie.

Im glad I found you...since its late, I only have read back to the post that you created the birthday cards. Ill catch up on the rest tomorrow. I am impressed with all the pics!

Love ya
judyn