THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Girl Scout Campout-Day 2

Last night I was able to go and have some dessert with a fellow blogging friend and we talked about how we have not been keeping up with our blogs. So, here I am, when I should be cleaning, doing laundry and preparing for the 30 or so guests that will be in my home in less than 2 days, me-I'm updating my blog.

We wrapped up our first night of camping with a lovely campfire and smores. The girls entertained us with singing and skits.

Have you ever seen a more exhausted child?
Brenna was having a blast as she performed with her fellow Daises. I was very impressed at how Brenna jumped right in and definitely earned her keep over the weekend. She was out, in the pitch black night, gathering firewood, breaking the long branches and stacking them by the fire. Someone complimented her by saying she would make an excellent Brownie. All of the hard work made both of them very tired, so we turned in rather early.
It got very cold that night and after Avery fell off of her cot, every move they made seemed to wake me up. Then there was the 747 that was headed for our camp at 500mph. Well, it wasn't really a 747. I didn't find this out until I heard the train whistle blow and realized it was an actual train. I think the tracks must have been 20 feet behind our tent. Boy that think was loud!!

These two look like they got a good nights sleep!

Part of camping is "leaving no trace". The girls must leave things to appear as if they were never there. Due to Avery's complaining before breakfast, she earned the privilege of cleaning the latrines. I don't think we will hear complaining again, at least for a little while.
The morning was cool and crisp and I wish I could have stayed out there all day. The air was still and the leaves were changing. There was a peace that seemed to wrap around us like a blanket. The light was warm on our faces and God's beauty poured out like sweet honey. We are so blessed to escape this concrete jungle where we reside and spend time surrounded by His breathtaking creations.

The morning ended with the girls receiving their earned patches. We loaded up our wagons and took our gear to the car and said goodbye to the exciting time of learning and fellowship we experienced over the last two days.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

great pics! Austin is in cub scouts and just loves it. your girls are so grown up!

Sylvia said...

Hi! I like your Christian-based website. I just put my first blog up at www.underangelwings.blogspot.com
Please come visit!! Blessings, Sylvia