THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Cooper!

Yesterday, December 18, 2008, my baby turned 5! Whimper, cry, sniff-sniff. Please excuse me while I wipe my eyes and dry my tears. What makes me sad is I have been so consumed with everything I have to accomplish in the next 6 days, I've had little time to reflect that it's been 5 years since the birth of my last child. He has grown into a very bright and loving young boy. I'm not about to call him a young man yet!

All of the birthday kids get to wear a crown on their birthday or birthday celebration day. Can you believe there are two other boys, that are friends of Cooper's, that share the same birthday as Cooper? One of the boys was born in the same hospital! Cooper is the youngest of the three by 8 hours. It was a big deal for all of them. Lily and I took cookies to Cooper's school and shared them with his class.

In keeping with tradition, Cooper was able to choose where he went out to eat for his birthday. Guess where he chose? If the Happy Meal doesn't give it away, I can't help you.

Since there is a play area, and his very best friend does not have any siblings yet, we have invited Grant to join in the fun. They have been missing each other lately. Usually Grant is sick and Cooper has to wait for him to feel better before they can play. This time, it was Cooper who was sick and Grant had to wait for him to get well. This was the first time they were able to play together in about a month.

A couple of years ago Cooper got a little toddler laptop computer for Christmas. Cooper would sit in his bed for a few minutes before he went to sleep and play with his computer. It helped him with letter recognition and sounds, numbers and coordination. Since he had outgrown the toddler version, we gave him an upgrade for his birthday. This one has a real mouse and even a case to carry it in. Tony picked it out and I was very happy with his choice.

We stayed at McDonald's for about 2 hours while the kids played and the adults visited. I was even able to get some work done on favors for Brenna's Christmas party today. I forgot to take pictures before they took them to school. If they bring extras home, I'll post them.

0 comments: