THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Pink Poodles in Paris

The month of October kicks off a very busy time in our house. We begin by celebrating Avery and Brenna's Birthday. It has been a huge blessing that the girls enjoy sharing their party with each other. Since they are only two years apart (almost exactly), they tend to have the same group of friends. This allows for quite a celebration!


The other miracle of it all is that we've never had any problems agreeing on the party theme. As I'm sure you have determined from the title, this year's theme will be Pink Poodles in Paris. When I Googled ideas for their birthday, this was a common theme. And to make my life much easier than it really is, I was able to find everything at Oriental Trading. It was so nice to be able to shop online and not have to travel from store to store to find what I need.


This year we are doing something that we have never done before. After we chose the date (which is usually the weekend between their actual birthdays), we realized it was the same night as the premier of High School Musical 3. For those of you who do not have elementary school-aged children, it's like the best thing since the color pink! We had originally planned for a sleep-over. Now we are taking 12 girls to the drive-in to see this movie!


I am so excited and I can't wait to see how everything turns out. For the 10 girls that are invited along with Avery and Brenna, I hand-made invitations to go along with the theme.



I am so happy with how they turned out. This is the first one I made and ended up moving the poodle over a little to the right to balance it out a bit more. While browsing the paper isle at the local Hobby Lobby, I found this incredibly cute pink glitter paper. The photo does not show all of it's shimmer and shine, but I assure you, it's so way cute! I used this paper to punch the scalloped circle. You can see a little hint of glitter next to the poodle's nose.

As the days grow closer to the party, I will keep everyone up to date on it's progress and ultimately, the results...

0 comments: