THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bike Tricks

With all of the beautiful weather we have had around here, the kids can't wait to go outside. This weekend Cooper requested my presence outside which meant I had to stop cleaning :-( and go see what the fuss was about. This was it.

He just had to show me all of his bike tricks!
Now, I just asked him to take a break from playing with play dough to help me give these tricks some names. He was not much help in that department. Although he did name one of the tricks below.

This one reminds me of one trick I've seen skateboarders do, but I'm not cool enough to be able to name it.
This is the one he named. He called this one "It Hurts My Butt".
Brenna couldn't be left out. This trick was inspired by her friend at school that is from India. She likes to show Brenna how they dance there and to see Brenna do the dances is really cute.
If you have known Brenna for any length of time, you know how sensitive she can be. There are times when her sensitivity border on just plain pouting. The sensitive side came when we would laugh after she would say or do something funny. She would take it the wrong way and go cry under the dining room table. Now that she's older, she knows we are not laughing at her but at what she says and she just walks off saying stuff like "I know I'm funny". Little stinker.
This time I would have to consider it a pouting episode. We figured with all of the tricks going on that now would be a good time to take off her training wheels and let her give it a shot. She liked the idea at first and has always been a little more willing to try things before the others. This willingness lasted about 10 seconds. That's how long it took for her to realize that riding without training wheels was not as easy as thought it would be. Tony and I did our best to encourage her to keep trying, that's when she walked over and plopped herself onto the grass and pouted.
Tony told her that if she would get up and ride her bike back to her training wheels, he would put them back on. That seemed to do the trick. Back on the bike she went. We will continue to encourage her to practice and I'm sure she'll be without the training wheels in no time.

0 comments: