THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

A View From Galveston


No, we didn't actually go down there now and take pictures! I'm not THAT crazy! These pictures were taken during the summer of 2007. We made it down to Galveston this past summer, but never went down to the beach. I'm watching images from Galveston as Hurricane Ike approaches. We are watching the waves crash over the exact same place where these photos were taken. Cooper was actually saying that our special swimming place was getting wrecked and he's right.

We are finishing up last minute preparations and are beginning to gather supplies where they will be handy later tonight. We can still expect tropical storm force winds around midnight and hurricane force winds around 7:00 am. That is at least 7 hours of very strong winds. We are prepared to sleep downstairs. Actually, I don't know how much sleep I will get, but whatever I'm doing, I'll be doing it downstairs!

In His grip,
Leila

0 comments: