THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ike...5 Days Later



First of all, we are all doing fine and our home suffered no damage. I took this photo Saturday on the way to Bryan. This was the first daylight that we had seen since Friday morning. This morning, about 12:36 (according to Tony), we seem to have power back. We did get a little tease Tuesday morning when the power came back on for 5 hours, then went back off again. So today, I turned on my kitchen light for the first time in 5 days. It's all about seeing the light!!

Since God has blessed us with beautiful, cool, dry weather, we have been able to do all of our outside clean-up. Today I will begin focusing on laundry, vacuuming, and rearranging furniture. I don't think I've ever been so excited to clean my house!

I would like to go back and track what has happened day by day. After I put my house back in order, I'll sit down and post all of the pictures and some video of the last several days.

A special "Thank You" to those of you who have been praying for us and that have stayed in touch through this experience. Your prayers have been felt and answered. You are all a blessing to us!

1 comments:

Deborah said...

i've been checking your blog every day to see if you had found a place with electricity to post yet. Tammy said she had talked to you and that all was well. Glad no trees fell on the house. I was really concerned about all your trees. Can't wait to hear all the details. Cleaning house - you never think you'll miss it until you can't do it :-) Enjoy yourself