THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hurricane Ike, Day 2...Continued...Again

I'm sorry about the break. I actually had this whole post done and ready to go and then the autosave decided to quit working on me. That's when I got mad and frustrated and took a break. Now that I'm no longer mad or frustrated (at least with my autosave) let's continue with the story, again...
This was the first picture I was able to get of the upside down tree top in our driveway. All I kept thinking was "what if this thing fell on our living room?" It still amazes me that out of everything that fell during the storm, nothing hit our house.
It was raining pretty good when I made the kids stand in front of the tree to get this photo. We got pretty soaked every time we would go in and out of the house. It was quite a feat to maneuver through all of the debris and not to mention, this monstrosity! I was so glad when we were able to cut it up and haul it to the curb.
We were able to see quite a bit of damage on our way to Bryan. This sign was one of many that did not make it through the storm.
Please excuse what I think is either my finger or elbow in this picture. Tony's car is not the best place to be taking pictures. Brenna, Cooper, Roxy and Avery made the best of their situation. Even though they were rather cozy in the back, there was not any bickering or complaining. This whole experience really brought out the best in our children.
I see the light! Being able to see this little glint of sunshine lifted my spirits quite a bit. It was like running in a race and seeing the finish line. It was a sign to me that this storm was on it's way out and that brighter days were ahead. I've been through days and days of rain before, and even weathered some pretty rough thunderstorms. But having gone through this storm was nothing like anything I've experienced before. I don't know if it's because we had been tracking it for several days, or the intensity of it once it arrived, but the feeling I had of relief knowing it was over, was overwhelming.

0 comments: