THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Cooper starts Pre-K

Who knew almost 5 years ago that this day would come so soon? After going through the first day of school for the girls just the week before, I was ready for this day, both for Cooper and myself. We traditionally take a picture in front of our bench outside. Cooper did well with these pictures.


Then we got to school. I'm not sure what Cooper thought was in store for him on his first day, but it must not have been good. Being the avid scrapbooking mother I am, I had camera in hand and I was ready to get those precious first day of "school" shots to proudly display in his album. This is what I got instead....

That's Cooper's hand and backpack peeking from behind his nap mat. Yes, it gets better...
Hiding his face, crouched down between a toy kitchen and table is not what I had in mind for Cooper's first day. He was not crying or scared, I think he was more embarassed than anything. We (his teacher and I) were finally able to get him over to his desk and begin an assignment. It was here that I learned the approach he was taking when it came to school. Inside his notebook was a list of questions his teacher had asked him on meet the teacher day. The final question was "What is your favorite song?", his answer was "I don't like songs". Knowing that Cooper actually loved music and singing (be looking for a video clip of his rendition of "Funky Town"), I knew that he was going to be a harder egg to crack and that some of the things that the girls made easy for me, Cooper was going to make a little harder. I think I'm up for the challenge.


1 comments:

brendafrog said...

Ok, I get to be the 2nd comment. I am amazed, you always give the most wonderful suprises. I am so happy to be able to follow the day to day stuff with you all. Tell Coop, he is the man and I am very proud of him. Tell the girls I am proud of them also and I am very proud of their Mommy. Who was the adorable cake for?