THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Update on Ike II

It is now 8:oo pm on Friday. I took this picture around 2:00 this afternoon from our front door. I plan to use it as a comparison later. I'll take some more pictures at daylight if it's safe. We are finally settled down. I made us a hearty dinner of meatloaf, new potatoes and corn. The meatloaf was the only thing I had planned to eat that would have been difficult to grill. I filled all of our pots and jugs full of water to use for cooking and cleaning. We have all of our food, water, light sources, and other needs all in one place.

We are beginning to hear the wind gust on occasion. Most of the area is under a tornado watch until 10:0o am. The last gust we had caused some noticable suction on the back door. The first of the rain bands are coming on shore now and some are beginning to reach the outskirts of Houston. The storm is just shy of a Catagory 3 and the lights just went out in Galveston.

The kids are in the playroom on their matresses. Tony and I are in the living room watching the weather reports. We plan to stay in here until the winds get stronger.

0 comments: