THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursdays

I am adding to my "vintage thingies" all the time. This one was given to me by my grandmother. It's an old Corning Ware casserole dish an my favorite thing about it is the metal trivet that came with it. It's one of my favorite dishes.

I was going to take pictures of some really old Pyrex that I have, but I used them for dinner last night and have not washed them yet. Maybe next Thursday...

As for the question about a favorite cooking/baking memory...

One of my favorite memories of baking with my mom was licking the beaters after she would mix a cake. My brothers were usually MIA so I got to lick both of them most of the time. Sometimes I would share with my sister...sometimes not. We did not do tons of baking together, but I can remember the bowl she would use every time. It was a rather large Tupperware bowl. My mother always made our birthday cakes and since there were four kids and my dad, there were several opportunities to lick beaters.
I have chosen to carry on both traditions, the cake making and beater licking. The beater licking gets complicated around here with 3. Two of the kids get a beater each and one gets a spoon. We have to be fair!

Speaking of cake, now would be a good time to post some cake pics....


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are great memories! I also love the cakes! My fav is that toolbox. I need to do something like that for my son when he gets a bit older and have a tool themed party! Fun!

Deborah said...

love the cakes! my grandmother's and my mom have that same corningware! love those old things :-) Tammy and I tried to be educated on the vintage stuff when we went to "Antique weekend" in Round Top. there is so much to know.

Anonymous said...

What a talented cake decorator you are!! Licking the beaters certainly brings back fun memories :)